Summer is here and it is my favorite time of the year. I feel fragrances are real mood-boosters and have a great ability to transport us to a certain moment or location with just one spritz. Whether you’re planning a holiday or not, these summer fragrances will take you somewhere nicer. If you’re looking to update your scent wardrobe, it is the perfect time to shop. From flowy florals to sparkly citrus, these are some of the best summer scents that are sure to delight your senses.
- Fragrance du Bois Oud Jaune Intense* – Starting with the most luxurious out of this bunch and one of my all-time favorite fragrance houses – Fragrance du Bois! Whether it’s the hair mist or the actual fragrance, I absolutely adore Oud Jaune Intense. This is a floriental fragrance with a sparkly fruity-floral mélange of exotic goodness. This fragrance transports you to a tropical island. It is intoxicating, joyful and so uplifting to the senses. I feel like I am transported to a sunny beach drinking a fruity cocktail. It is a non-intrusive fragrance – so versatile and easy to please. This is not a traditional oud fragrance – it is sweet, fruity, and very buttery. It makes me so happy! I call it a Tropical-Bliss!
- BDK Parfums Pas Ce Soir* – Pas Ce Soir is a french word and it means ‘Not Tonight’. This is a juicy, delicious white floral fragrance. This fragrance has the right balance between fruity, woody, and musky notes. Pas Ce Soir has fruitiness, punchiness, a little bit of sweetness from caramel but not too much. The floral aspect brings a balance. The caramel note in this fragrance makes it a bit unique yet so addictive! There is a little story behind this fragrance. It is about that successful French woman who works in an office but likes to go out at night. She goes to the restroom and touches up her makeup, opens the top button of her blouse to take out her pearls. She is wearing heels, red lipstick, and smokey eyes. She goes to the fancy pub and has her drink..locks her eyes with men. She is a bit mysterious and we don’t know who she would like to go home with. Pas Ce Soir is elegant and sophisticated for summer and can also be worn throughout the year.
- Lalique Soleil – This fruity floral gourmand is a glorious scent for spring and summer. It is fresh, bright, uplifting yet soft and elegant. Though the notes in this fragrance lean more towards the rich side, this is a light, happy fragrance. It is fruity, milky, coffee, and praline with some florals – making it a very sophisticated blend. The fragrance has many facets but it is so well blended that it is hard to pick notes separately. Soleil by Lalique is sunshine in a bottle!
- Creed Aventus for Her* – This is such a mood-uplifting fragrance with a zesty, bright opening. It is fruity, bright, woody, and musky – overall a very well blended fragrance. It is one of those scents that ticks every box for a summery freshie. It makes people around happy and is a perfect unisex scent.
- Mancera Sicily – This is a fruity citrus fragrance with a cocktail of juicy summer fruits in the opening and a rich floral heart. The dry down is woody musk. Sicily is very well blended and is the most natural smelling fruity fragrance.
- Matiere Premiere Neroli Oranger* – If you like Orange Blossom scents, Neroli Oranger is the dreamiest one to check out this summer! This fragrance is the purest form of Orange Blossom and is a definite mood-enhancer! It is a little sweet, a little floral but very heavy on citrus. It is sparkling but very creamy too. It is a fresh, radiant yet very sensual summer fragrance. Unlike most citrus fragrances, Neroli Oranger has incredible performance – A winner in my humble opinion.
- Versace Dylan Blue* – This refreshing scent is timeless yet effortlessly seductive. The fragrance opens up with sharp green notes but soon dries down with a beautiful dry down of woody, powdery base. Dylan Blue is inoffensive and is appropriate for most ages. The gorgeous glossy gold and midnight blue bottle takes inspiration from Greek mythology and culture and is sure a stunner on the vanity!
Until next time, Ashh xo
*This post includes PR samples. Opinions are my own and unbiased.