Congested skin can not just be associated with teenage. There can be hormonal imbalance, stressful lifestyle or other factors which can block pores leading to spots at any age. Here are my top tips to clear congested skin and some beauty favourites that can help in expedite the process.
- Try to avoid dairy and fried food.
- Staying away from sugar and caffeine also helps.
- No to Chocolates unfortunately!
- Try to increase your water intake –
Help your skin to flush out toxins by drinking atleast 2 litres of water every day. Keeping a water bottle with you at all times promotes staying hydrated throughout the day. I keep my glass bottle from Bkr during summers and my insulated tumbler from Corkcicle for carrying warm water during winters
- Skin Supplements promote healthy skin
- Eat more leafy greens in your diet
- Sleep – Lifestyle makes such a difference and that includes getting a proper sleep and preferably as per our body clock. Few positive changes in lifestyle will benefit in the long run. I also recommend checking out Sleep Rest supplements from Hello Day.
- Manage Stress – I personally get breakouts when I am stressed and though its hard to manage but if you can stay away from stress, that can clear up skin quickly too. You may also check Hello Day’s Stress relax supplements.
- Cleansing your skin properly – I personally love double cleansing every evening if I wore makeup or sunscreen during the day. The first removes makeup and surface grime while the second to really deep cleanse the pores. Specific skincare products can really help achieving clear skin without much hassle. I like to use an oil based cleanser (preferably balm) to remove my makeup and spf as it helps in breaking even waterproof formulas. Then I go over with a cleanser either cream or gel formula to give a good clean before moving to an exfoliant. If I use exfoliating cleanser like Murad Age reform AHA/BHA exfoliating cleanser, I wouldn’t use an exfoliating cleanser afterwards as it saves an extra step. However if I use a creamy cleanser, I like to go ahead with chemical exfoliation using either Pixi Glow Tonic or JS Skinfoliate. Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid exfoliant is also really good for stubborn congestion. Sanoflore Aqua Magnifica botanical Essence is brilliant in taking out impurities from pores too. You may also check Instytutum Flawless pads which are pre-soaked in multiple acids. The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% peeling solution is fab for a facial like treatment (but super affordable) when your skin needs a boost. For mask treatment, Caudalie Instant detox mask is a firm favourite for so many years now.
- Cleansing scalp and hair properly using right products. I like to do scalp detox every now and then to make sure there is no buildup of any products and my scalp gets a deep clean. Grow Gorgeous Scalp Detox and Christophe Robin Cleansing Purifying Scrub with Sea Salt are my faves. For shampoo and conditioner, Sachajuan Scalp Range is fabulous and I have been using it for a very long time now.
- Cleaning hair brushes and combs to make sure there is no buildup.
- Changing pillowcase regularly and investing in an antibacterial pillowcase like one by Skin Laundry can be a game-changer.
- Cleaning mobile screen with antibacterial wipe few times a day makes such a difference too.
- If you have blemishes from the spots, you should try Vitamin C serums in your skincare routine. Some of my faves are – Skinceuticals C E Ferulic , Sunday Riley C.E.O Rapid flash brightening serum , Murad Rapid Age Spot Correcting Serum or you can just add vitamin C powder in any hydrating serum. My current favourite hydrating serum is B-hydra from Drunk Elephant.
I have usually taken Persen or Corvalolum. I took a course of Valium at http://www.health-canada-pharmacy.com/valium.html (for stress and anxiety, homeopathy) and got a great effect. Once in three weeks I visit a psychologist. The effect from taking Valium is 90/100. Sometimes the effect lasts for a long time after reception; I am very calm and ready to fly like a butterfly. But sometimes (like last time) I do not feel very good (the symptoms are similar to yours). Moreover, I create my diseases by myself. Now I can’t clearly understand whether something is really wrong or I have it created by myself.
Clear skin is no magic and every little step towards healthy lifestyle helps. Sometimes our skincare routine can make a huge change or just managing sleep as well as stress efficiently can do the trick. Hope you try these tips and don’t forget to share your top tips in the comments or any tip that stood out to you from this article.
Until next time