Most of us want our skincare to be unscented but when its naturally scented, its more than welcome! I’m talking about Jurlique – An Australian Skincare brand that started from a farm with potent ingredients and the ideology of the brand was to connect people back to the nature.
The super-ingredient in Jurlique products since beginning has been Rose which if you do not know is one of the heroes in the natural ingredients for skincare. Rose’s 3 superpowers are – Hydration, Protection & Radiance.
Rose Moisture Plus range from the brand is delicately scented with rose (again nothing artificial here) and is mood uplifting. The products in the range are really gentle and suitable for all skin types from Dry to Sensitive.
Here I’m sharing some of the products that I really enjoyed using:
Rose Moisture Plus Moisturising Cleanser | £18 for 80 ml
I have been using this cleanser for almost 2 years now and even though I have many cleansers in my skincare cupboard, I had to repurchase this one. This is a gentle yet high performance cleanser which dissolves impurities and moisturises skin. This lightweight cleanser with an antioxidant complex helps moisturise and protect dry and dehydrated skin. The cleanser enhances cell turnover and provides immediate and lasting hydration.
- Rose Hip Oil: A lightweight oil known for its skin restorative, hydrating, and balancing properties. It is rich in essential fatty acids, including linoleic acid, which helps the skin to retain moisture.
- Pumice: A micro-fine natural exfoliator that lightly polishes and smooths skin.
- Willow Bark Extract: A natural form of Salicylic Acid that enhances cell turnover while dissolving dirt and impurities.
The cleanser is free from any harsh soaps or cleansing agents. It is gentle enough to use it everyday and skin feels soft after every wash. You can read more about this bad boy here. This cleanser has a subtle rose scent and feels very luxurious plus it is reasonably priced.
Rosewater Balancing Mist | £18 for 50 ml
This cult favourite Rosewater balancing mist is found on every skincare enthusiast’s skincare shelf and in handbags. This is a daily hydrating mist for normal to combination skin with the scent of roses that restores and hydrates the complexion.
Jurlique’s blend of potent Botanical Extracts including Grapefruit Seed provides natural antioxidant protection whilst a blend of Rose and Aloe Vera softens, soothes and calms skin.
A beautiful concoction of Marshmallow, Glycerin, Avocado and Rosehip Oils work together to prevent moisture loss whilst intensely hydrating the skin. This mist leaves skin refreshed, balanced, soothed and radiant.
- Rose and Aloe Vera soften, soothe and calm the skin.
- Marshmallow and Glycerin help prevent moisture loss and intensely hydrate and soften the skin.
- Grapefruit Seed provides antioxidant protection.
The subtle rose aroma feels very calming and soothing to the senses. The mist instantly hydrates the skin and gives a beautiful glow. It can also be used as makeup finishing mist for a boost in luminosity.
Skin Balancing Face Oil | £38 for 50 ml
The Jurlique Skin Balancing Face Oil is a non-greasy, wonderfully light moisturising face oil that will soften, protect and nurture your skin. With beautiful chamomile, calendula, marshmallow and rose essences, your skin will thank you for the treat. Skin feels hydrated, smooth and looks radiant. This oil addresses signs of moisture loss, uneven skin texture and protects skin from environmental irritants.
- Avocado Oil: This nourishing plant oil is rich in essential fatty acids that hydrate and soften the skin, and protect it from moisture loss and dehydration. It also helps rebalance and comfort delicate skin.
- Rosehip Oil: Also known as Rosa canina Fruit Oil, this lightweight oil is rich in essential fatty acids to deeply nourish dry skin. It’s known for its ability to restore, hydrate and balance the skin.
- Safflower Oil: Derived from Safflower seeds, this nourishing botanical oil deeply moisturises and soothes. It helps protect the skin against moisture loss, and smooths and softens dry skin.
This oil soothes and balances skin with the help of avocado, macadamia and rose hip which guards it against moisture loss, improve skin elasticity and leave it feeling smooth and supple. I see using this oil more often in colder months when my skin gets really dry due to weather. The oil is also a great restorative treatment after a long flight when skin can become dehydrated.
Jurlique Rose Moisture Plus Moisturising Cream Mask | £32.50 for 100 ml
Again if you have dry or dehydrated skin, you need something really moisturising and hydrating that can replenish the moisture level into your skin. Jurlique Rose Moisture Plus Moisturising Cream Mask is perfect for replenishing dry skin with intense moisture. The mask is formulated with a potent blend of skin-boosting ingredients including rosehip oil, green tea extract and rose essential oils. It protects the skin from environmental damage to leave it looking and feeling smooth and radiant.
- Rose Hip Oil: Known for its skin restorative and balancing properties, it’s rich in essential fatty acids and linoleic acid, which helps to lock in moisture.
- Green Tea Extract: Promotes a smooth, balanced and radiant complexion by shielding and protecting your skin from environmental damage.
- Rose Essential Oils: This blend of precious oils balances the skin, enhancing radiance and improving vitality.
The mask can also be left overnight for an intense treatment and gives a soft supple skin as if you had a facial. It is great for in-flight pamper when skin can be really dehydrated from air-con.
Overall, I think this Australian brand has nailed their formulas and the fact that their products are all natural and free from nasties gets extra points. I love the delicate scent of rose in this range. The aroma of these products definitely lifts the mood. Its so good to see the gentle formulas working so well and effectively on my skin. The products are reasonably priced and I can’t wait to explore more from Jurlique.
Until next time