You might have seen on of my recent posts where I shared Laura Geller’s new collection. The concealer has been my go-to and I also shared blemish coverage which was appreciated.
The Filter First Collection includes Luminous foundation and concealer which are weightless yet give pretty impressive coverage. Filter First Luminous Foundation (£30) is your favourite filter, in a bottle for flawless skin, in real life and who doesn’t want that?!
The foundation features medium to full coverage foundation with a soft luminous finish. As per Laura Geller, Each weightless fluid drop is formulated with finely crushed pearls that act like your favourite filter to diffuse light, blurring imperfections so your skin looks flawless. I have to agree on the blurring imperfections part as the foundation photographs beautifully.
Features & Benefits:
- Finely crushed pearls act like your favourite filter to diffuse light, blurring imperfections so your skin looks flawless
- Fluid formula feels weightless, breathable and comfortable on skin.
- Medium to full coverage (buildable).
- Anti-oxidant rich ingredients help to promote healthier-looking skin
- Offered in 12 neutral shades that compliment multiple skin tones and undertones
- Opal Light-shifters: A balanced blend of pearls, each with a different luminosity value, reflect different types of lighting to give the illusion of radiant skin.
- Grape Seed Oil: A powerful anti-aging and anti-oxidant. Rich in fatty acid to help keep skin smooth and hydrated.
- Aloe Vera and Vitamin E: Protect and soothe skin.
The foundation is Vegan-friendly and does not contain animal derived ingredients, nanos, fragrance, gluten, parabens, mineral oil & soy
How to use:
- Shake well before use.
- Pull off cap and use pump to dispense.
- Apply 1-2 pumps all over face, add to build coverage.
You can customize coverage depending on which brush you use. For full coverage, use a dense foundation brush with tight bristles. Sheer coverage can be achieved using a sponge of your choice and you may also use fingers for customized coverage.
Shades: The foundation is available in 12 shades
- Ivory – Fairest, pale with balance pink and yellow undertones
- Porcelain – Fair pale with peachy pink undertones
- Buff – Lightest beige with balance pink and yellow undertones
- Beige – Light beige with warm yellow undertones
- Medium – Medium neutral beige with soft peachy undertones
- Fawn – Medium with warm sunny undertones
- Golden Medium – Medium golden with warm peachy undertones
- Caramel – Medium dark with olive undertones
- Cognac – Medium dark with warm golden undertones
- Pecan – Deeper medium with rich golden undertones
- Chestnut – Dark with rich golden undertones
- Mahogany – Dark with warm reddish bronze undertones
Overall thoughts: I’m pretty impressed with the coverage, luminosity and weightless texture of this foundation. I do feel LG needs to add more shades to this range as the formula is pretty amazing. If you can find your shade (you may get shade match done via Laura Geller website or at Debenhams counter), you will be impressed with the beautiful satin finish with lit from within radiance.
Until next time
This product was sent to me for testing purposes. Opinions are my own – honest & unbiased!