Whether the damage is done by heat, styling, colouring or its due to sun and UV – the Rescue & Repair range from Grow Gorgeous is what you may need to restore your tresses to your former glory.
What causes damage to hair?
- Colour: I have been colouring my hair for a long time now and that’s something I do not intend to stop any time soon as I have greys (read more about damage done by hair colourants here). Recently I went couple of shades lighter to give a brown touch to my black hair. Going lighter means more damage to hair strands making them weak and brittle. This also means my hair need more TLC, they need specific products for day to day cleansing and moisturising to not only do the job but also treat them to restore the quality.
- Heat Styling: Other than that, my hair are naturally frizzy and unmanageable so I prefer heat styling. Though I have reduced it so much to improve quality of my hair but I still straighten my hair when I go out for an event or to meet someone. I know its only making my hair look nice temporarily but doing so much damage for long term (read more here). Even if I do it occasionally, I still need right products to take care of the damage and restore my locks.
- Sun: Did someone say Holiday? Like all things, sun exposure in moderation can benefit our hair as the Vitamin D emitted can help it grow healthier, thicker and longer. However, over exposure can be incredibly detrimental, with UVA and UVB rays harming the hair cuticle, leading to unwanted effects of sun damaged hair like discolouration, brittle strands, thinning and frizz (read more here). While keeping yourself hydrated, using conditioner as a shampoo whenever possible, reducing heat styling, covering hair from sun help a lot; choosing right products is equally important.
Rescue & Repair range from Grow Gorgeous –
- Repair, protect & strengthen hair damaged by bleaching and heat styling
- Reinforce fibres, increasing strength and elasticity so hair is resilient to breakage.
- Intensely nourish and condition dry, weak strands to leave hair hydrated and smooth
SEA SATIN™ – A sea beet extract which helps strengthen hair weakened by chemical processes and heat styling, while making it smoother, softer and shinier, with a silky feel
- KERATRIX™ – A restorative complex based on carob tree extract which helps to reduce further damage by strengthening strands and improving hair fibre resistance and elasticity
- PHYTANTRIOL – Strengthens and repairs heat damaged hair
- CHIA OIL – Protects hair fibres from oxidative damage, while adding shine and gloss
- BAMBOO EXTRACT – A natural source of silica which helps to strengthen hair fibres, in addition to making tresses look and feel glossy and healthy
- BLEND OF AMINO ACIDS – Moisturises, strengthens and repairs surface damage
- MURUMURU AND CUPUASSU BUTTERS – Help’s restore the natural elasticity and offer increased moisturisation and conditioning to dry, damaged hair.
The unique duo restores & repairs from within, getting inside the problem of hair damage and reinforcing hair strands instead of just masking the issue.
I have been a fan of Grow Gorgeous range from a long time now and super excited to get my hands on the new launches. Their products are always found on my bathroom shelf (and on my insta stories) and not only me but my husband loves all their formulas too.This is one brand you can easily trust as the shampoo is formulated with 80% natural and conditioner is formulated with 89% natural but effective ingredients.
Detoxifying your scalp from all the harmful chemicals, styling products residue etc is so important for health of your hair and scalp. Now you can get a FREE mini Scalp Detox with any Shampoo & Conditioner bundle purchase online with code ASH (valid for 2 weeks only).
Until next time
*This post features PR samples and affiliated links. Opinions are my own and unbiased.