Do you know free radicals aka unstable molecules in the environment damage our DNA, cell membranes, and other parts of cells? Free radicals are unstable and highly reactive molecules that steal electrons from other sources and damage those molecules in the process. Antioxidants neutralize free radicals by donating some of their own electrons. We can’t really escape from free radicals. Our body generates free radicals in response to air pollution, UV rays, etc. However, there is a delicate balance between free radicals and antioxidants that are naturally made in the skin. When that balance is lost, things like premature aging of the skin occurs. This can also lead to hyperpigmentation, acne, skin inflammation, skin sensitivity, as well as skin cancers. This is where antioxidants for skin play an important role.
Benefits of Antioxidants in Skincare
- Antioxidants protect our skin from the harmful effects of pollution.
- They have anti-inflammatory properties that accelerate wound healing and help in soothing skin. A great example is green tea.
- Antioxidants slow down the skin’s deterioration process and help in firming the skin. Omega antioxidants really help in this category.
- Some antioxidants like Vitamin C revitalize dull skin, improve uneven skin tone and help in brightening the skin. Not just for the face, Vitamin C in body products is getting very popular. Babaria Vitamin C body lotion hydrates the skin deeply and strengthens the skin barrier. It has a brightening effect on the skin.
- Vitamin A often known as retinol or retinaldehyde promotes cell turnover, reverses signs of aging. It helps to visibly reduce and soften the appearance of wrinkles.
Now you might know that there is no single antioxidant that works best for the skin. It is a good idea to use products that contain a mix of effective antioxidants. Revolution Skincare Copper Peptide Antioxidant Serum is a product full of active ingredients to improve skin’s density, restore its elasticity, and protect the skin against free radicals. It helps in cell turnover and keeps it nourished. Basically, the more antioxidants, the better!
Until next time, Ashh xo
*This is a sponsored post. Opinions are my own and unbiased.