Clogged pores are a common skin issue, but sensitive skin can be difficult to work with, particularly when it comes to deep cleansing. Harsh products and techniques can easily disrupt and irritate the skin’s barrier. Even those with sensitive skin, with the right approach, can benefit from a thorough cleanse. A pore-cleaning device, such as a facial cleansing brush or a vacuum cleaner, can be an efficient way to deep clean your skin. In recent years, these devices have become incredibly popular. Here are some pore-cleaning device usage tips:
- Cleansing: To get the most out of any device, make sure your skin is clean and free of makeup and sunscreen before you use it. Use a cleanser that is appropriate for your skin type. If you have sensitive skin, you should avoid products that contain harsh chemicals, alcohol, fragrances, and sulfates.
- Choose the right tool or device: There are many types of pore cleansing tools available in the market, so it is important to choose the one that is suitable for your skin type and concerns. For sensitive skin, you may want to choose a device with soft bristles and a low-suction setting.
- Use gentle pressure: When using a facial cleansing brush, always use gentle pressure and circular motion to clean your skin. Scrubbing too vigorously can cause irritation.
- Don’t overdo it: It is important not to overuse your vacuum pore cleaner, as this can lead to skin irritation or damage the skin barrier. If you have normal or oily skin, use it no more than once a day and for a few minutes only. For dry and sensitive skin, I would suggest using it only on a need basis or maybe once or twice a week depending on how much your skin can tolerate.
- Follow up with skincare: Be sure to follow up with your regular skincare including moisturizer and sunscreen after using your pore-cleaning device. This will keep your skin protected and healthy.
Because sensitive skin is prone to irritation and inflammation, it is critical to select a device that is mild and will not create more irritation. Look for suction devices with soft bristles and low suction settings. It’s also a good idea to test the device on a tiny part of your face before using it all over. Overall, pore-cleaning devices can be beneficial for sensitive skin as long as they are used properly and in accordance with best practices to avoid hurting your skin.
Until next time, Ashh xo
*This is a sponsored post.