With a year-long lockdown, most of us have got used to pampering treatments in the comfort of our own homes. While some treatments should be done professionally, most of them can easily be done at home like establishing a basic foot care routine in place. By a proper foot care routine, I do not mean anything time-consuming or complicated but even some simple steps would do the trick!
- Trim your toenails – I’ve had a couple of foot injuries (and really bad ones) in the past all due to long toenails. Lesson learned, I now keep my toenails trimmed at most times. Overlong toenails also press against our shoes making them feel super uncomfortable too! Cutting your toenails every six weeks or so really helps!
- Foot Soak – A good foot soak really helps in relieving some stress off your feet and stimulates blood circulation. Farmona Nivelazione Feet Foot Bath is a good one to use for very dry and corneous feet.
- Foot Scrub – A simple pumice stone does the job just right when it comes to scrubbing. Since I prefer doing it after a foot bath, my feet are soft from the soak already and it helps in scrubbing so much! The dead skin comes off so easily this way.
- Foot Mask – You don’t need a fancy foot mask regularly but a simple yet effective foot socks mask from the Korean beauty brand Holika Holika is no less than a treat for my feet every now and then. With active ingredients like hyaluronic acid, shea butter, salicylic acid, aloe vera, urea, Chamomile, this mask regenerates intensively, hydrates deeply leaving skin soft and smooth.
- Foot Cream – Now apply the foot cream in a circular massaging motion until it absorbs completely. This foot massage will relieve some tension and improve blood circulation as well. Dead skin removal in the previous steps will help absorb the cream faster. Dermacol Happy Feet is new to my routine but a good one for sure. It has olive oil and Vitamin E that nourish the feet and eliminate unpleasant odours too.
All done! All you might want to do now is to apply some nail paint to keep your feet ready for those cute flip flops or sandals. Speaking of nail paints, would you like me to cover my favorite nail paints in one of the upcoming posts? Let me know in the comments.
Until next time, Ashh xo
*This is a sponsored post. Opinions are my own and unbiased.