Kjaer Weis is a certified organic and thoroughly modern makeup brand created by Danish-born US-based, make-up artist Kirsten Kjaer Weis. She set out to challenge and surpass the expectations we had of what clean beauty really is and went on to create a fresh, exciting, and sustainable organic make-up collection that is consciously luxurious.
Kjaer Weis creates products using the finest natural and organic ingredients that are as good as more mainstream counterparts. Kjaer Weis uses high-quality sustainable packaging that looks luxurious and chic as well. The makeup from Kjaer Weis saves you money over time as all of the compacts are designed to be refillable, so you can mix and match colors, or replenish your favorite shade for life.
Kjaer Weis uses only the best ingredients and gives the fashion-savvy consumer a wide color palette to choose from without compromising on the formulas or style. Expect clean ingredients, gorgeous textures, sophisticated design, and a luxurious, sustainable product both inside and out.
The Invisible Touch Liquid Foundation
Kjaer Weis launched its first-ever Liquid foundation recently and I was very kindly sent a press-sample to try. I also attended their virtual makeup masterclass with Kirsten Kjaer Weis, founder of Kjaer Weis (I know I was so lucky that I got invited for this opportunity!). I learned about many bestsellers from the brand and also some useful tips from Kirsten.
Kjaer Weis Invisible Touch Liquid Foundation is a next-generation liquid foundation with naturally adaptable coverage, clean skincare ingredients, and unparalleled results. Available in 24 radiant shades. – Kjaer Weis
Packaging: The foundation arrives in a recyclable glass bottle and recyclable, alchemist dropper housed in the brand’s biodegradable refill packaging. The lid is an optional purchase and made with Kjaer Weis’ iconic metal casing that can be kept for life. When a new foundation is required, a new bottle can be ordered and the cap can simply be placed on this.
This Foundation helps cover imperfections and even skin tone while also hydrating and nourishing the skin. This high-performing serum-like foundation combines skincare with a natural, light-to-buildable medium coverage foundation formula in a natural, slightly luminous finish.
The gentle formula is long-lasting, hydrating, and comfortable for all-day wear. The foundation has the following key ingredients:
- Hyaluronic acid and mimosa flower to hydrate skin
- Chamomile water to soothe skin
- Rosehip seed and pomegranate extract to nourish skin
- Spilanthes acmella known for it’s firming properties
- The Kjaer Weis-exclusive dioscorea batatas, known as the Root of Light, is a biodynamically grown ingredient that helps bring glow, radiance, and light to the skin.
The foundation diminishes redness, brightens the skin, and provides radiant coverage throughout the day. Kjaer Weis firmly believes that there should be no need to compromise when it comes to clean beauty and have created a serum-like formula that encompasses sustainable luxury, high-performance levels, and unparalleled skincare benefits.
Key benefits include:
- Unparalleled hydration: The main active ingredient, Certified Organic Chamomile Water, has been chosen for its unique soothing abilities to calm and hydrate the skin throughout the day. Sodium Hyaluronic, the strongest form of Hyaluronic Acid, attracts and binds water to the skin making sure it stays moisturized and prevents water loss.
- New found brightness: Certified Organic Rosehip Oil is packed with naturally occurring Vitamin A and C to give the skin a fresh vibrance.
- Firm texture: “Nature’s botox”, Acmella Spilanthes Flower Extract, is included in this ingredient line up to give the skin a bouncy, youthful texture.
- Unexpected radiance: Kjaer Weis’ exclusive, signature ingredient, Dioscorea Batatas Root Extract, delivers an unmatched radiance to the face. This root of light awakes the skin for a permanent glow.
- Silicone free, but silky smooth: A blend of Certified Organic Olive Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil and Jojoba Oil dynamically work together to give the foundation its soft slip and removes the need for silicones.
How to apply: To apply, start by shaking the bottle well. If you seek a lighter coverage, simply use 3-4 drops on the back of your hand and apply using either your fingertips or a dense bristle brush. Start in the centre of the face, where the most coverage is needed, and work your way outwards letting the formula glide and melt into the skin. For a medium coverage, follow this method but use 5 drops and a wet blending sponge. Always start with less product and build your way up, more can always be added but can not be taken away.
Shades: The foundation is available in 24 shades in cool, neutral, and warm undertones.
The Invisible Touch Liquid Foundation is Certified Organic, Vegan, free from Silicones, Parabens, Talc, Sulphates, SLS and SLES, Formaldehydes, Formaldehyde-releasing agents, Phthalates, Mineral oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Oxybenzone, Coal Tar, Hydroquinone, Triclosan, and Triclocarban.
Overall, I really like the luminous radiant finish of this foundation. It is absolutely weightless on the skin plus it has skin-loving ingredients that benefit the skin. It has low to buildable medium coverage. The foundation doesn’t block pores and looks great on all skin types. I have dry and sensitive skin and this foundation looks beautiful on. It covers a bit of redness as well which is a bonus!
Until next time, Ashh xo
*This post features PR samples. Opinions are my own and unbiased.